Sunday, February 19, 2006

Spoken word

This morning is beautiful. I had to put Devin out of the bedroom because he couldn't stop snoring. He had a football game yesterday with his recruits and the other marines that work at his office in west Philly, so basically he was really tired. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean I must not get a good night's sleep. If you were reading my blog during the week you would see that I worked from Monday to Saturday and I just wanted to enjoy the one day off I got. I felt like the Railroad 3 was running through my bedroom last night. So he is on the couch now, he was mad, talked mad crap but he refused to sleep in the guest bedroom, I guess it was beneath him or something, Oh well. I slept great after that. I'm not an avid reader, don't get me wrong, I used to be in love with books since I learnt to read, I was the type of child that read the newspaper at 6 and full blown novels at 10 okay. Nowadays, I'm into audio books. I feel like I can download a book and listen to it on the computer while I used that time to clean or whatever, I lack time to do. My addiction in the literary world is the author Eric Jerome Dickey, oh just the words make me tingle, LOL. I've read or listened to almost all his books. This weekend I'm reading Naughty or nice. Oh the drama. Lindsay is cheating on her dh Antonio, a Latin hottie that had an affair and got the girl pregnant, with a tall glass of mochiatto, code name C, who she meet on the internet. Frankie is searching for mister right from internet date sites, she is a divorcee, who's dh left her for a so called bulimic. She was fat at the time, so she took up running and slimed down and now has the tightest body ever, however, she can't find a good man. She hooks up with the usual freaks, a gay man that is trying to cheat on his man with a women, a midget, this stuff is hilarious Tommy, a 22 year old that was in an abusive relationship, who also has a crush on her neighbor Blu, who has a 4 yr old daughter Monica. She wants him to help get her first orgasm after 2 years of celibacy. So the book is hot, I love it. I feel like it is my escape from my hectic days when I get home at night. devin is taking me to pick up my Ipod nano today. So I can download my books and listen to it at work, the office is like a grave yard, my boss don't mine what you listen to just as long as you don't bother anyone else, so an Ipod it is. I have something else to share with you. I will upload the picture sometime today and post the instructions. I really don't do altered stuff or really complicated artwork but this is really neat so if someone likes it and can do it then I'll be happy to share. TTYL Toy

3 Comments:

Blogger hchybinski said...

hey Toay - enjoy that Nano! DH just got me one for my birthday - and I LOVE it!!! I had a mini - which seems HUGE compared to the Nano. I listen to it at work - but mostly music - I haven't tried audio books or podcasts yet. . .

have fun -
Hillary

9:04 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Enjoy your book....you should try E. Lynn Harris!!!!!!!!!!! but you need to start with his VERY FIRST BOOK!!!!!

Can't wait to see your pics!

10:28 AM  
Blogger ClassC Scrapper said...

I was really into EJD at one time, but after Liar's Game he just didn;t appeal to me anymore. Naughty or Nice sounds really good though. I may have to try that one. Adrienne is right about E. Lynn Harris. I have read all of his books and he will have you wanting more, inspite of the sensitive topic.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home