Friday, March 31, 2006

Alone

As I sit here on a cool Philly Friday night , Alone. My vanilla cappuccino in my hand swirling round and round. I look at my x- acto knife blade and I ponder the possibilities. My mind slowly drift off to Devin who is still at work and Tiara who is safely in the arms of her mother. I wonder, why am I, a 24 year YOUNG woman, sitting here listening to smooth Jazz streaming from by ibook on a night made to go out and Shake it like a salt shaker or whatever they say these days. I ponder this as I drag my blade through the paper, the first cut is always the best, it means no turning back now. I think I go into a trance most of the time,, then the creativity takes over, I can not really tell you what happens as I arrange and rearrange embellishments and photos and cardstock around the layout. Sometimes I snap out of it to see an embellishment in my hand, it seems like I have been looking at it forever, is it suppose to tell me what where it wants to live, I have no clue, however, I keep on staring and back into the trance I go. Working steady and diligently as I seal every seam with precision and through all this I can honestly say I have no sense of time. I feel a warm tear slide down my cheek, I look up to see this. I guess it is only natural as in NATURE, beautiful things is born out of Pain.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow....it's as if I can feel the swere of the x-acto right here in my hands. Your writing is just incredible! smooth jazz just makes you move....

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it girl. GREAT ENTRY!!!!!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Tamika said...

Simply soulful. Your layout is definitely tight. It shows so much creativity and hard work. Did you hand stitch? You are too much.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Trina said...

Love this layout! Did you do that doodling by hand? It looks really good. The stitching is great!

I know what you mean about the creativity taking over.. that's how I feel sometimes. I work best alone.

3:59 PM  
Blogger hchybinski said...

beautiful.

the LO
the picture
your thoughts

beautiful

Hillary

8:26 PM  
Blogger Lu said...

you are so deep. love, love, love you stuff, T.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

I love this entry. Your LO is so beautiful! You're so talented Toya. I wonder the same thing on Friday nights sometimes, except I'm 31. I've never been a shake it like a salt shaker kind of gal.

8:31 PM  
Blogger ClassC Scrapper said...

You are so poetic!!!! I love your LO, it's AWESOME!!!!

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Belkin video capture card commercial airline insurance free free marketing consulting online

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home