Wednesday, March 08, 2006

happy things

Everyone has things that make them happy, ever time they see them, not just see them but look at them and really take the time to let your mind go back to a memory that makes you smile inside. This plaque was a christmas gift from my best friend Crystal. She is a home interior consultant and she has helped me decorate my home since the first year of my marriage so it's hard not to think of her everytime I look around my home. The story of the plaque is that I wanted to decorate my 2nd bathroom in french toile black and cream. However I wanted something inspirational and spiritual in it, seeing that I spent a lot of time getting ready in the bathroom in the morning. I ordered everything I wanted from the curtains to the accessories for the soap but when Crys tried to place the order for this plaque, the system said that it was out of stock and it didn't have a date of when it would be in stock again. I was crushed, I really wanted this plaque. Poor Crystal, being the wonderful person that she is, apart from being a great consultant. She networked her butt off trying to get a plaque for me,but with no success, we finally give up. Oh so I thought! A couple of day before Christmas, my plaque came in the mail, I didn't know what it was until I opened it on christmas day, I literally cried tears of joy, she got it and I don't know how she did it but it's mine and it always make me happy to know that someone cares about me so much that they would go out of their way to help me out.It's not the physical thing but the sentiment behind it. It lives on my nightstand now! It's usually the first thing I see in the morning, when I see it, I think of home, family, friendship, love and God. It just makes me happy. Below is one of my bazzill swatches, this have a wonderful "happy" story about it too. which I will post tomorrow. stay tuned!

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

BEAUTIFUL PLAQUE!!!!! I LOVE it! Can't wait to read your bazzill happy story! LOL

10:04 AM  
Blogger ClassC Scrapper said...

Oh, Toya, that plaque is so inspiring!!! I love it, too!!! What a sweet friend you have. It's great to have friends who you love and love you back!!!!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home