Friday, March 03, 2006

you must observe!

I have been neglecting my blog, I love to write something everyday but this week was just to stressful to have good thoughts you know. Thanks for checking out my layout! i will be posting some more from my 6x6 album tomorrow and sunday, from my christmas 2005 album. So I was showing off my Trinidad 2005 Vacation Album today at work. I have it on my desk for decoration, everything on my desk is blue, my favorite color. Everyone was asking me to bring it in so they can see what is scrapbooking all about, this is due to my DW 2006 calendar on my desk that everyone always has to look at when ever they come to see me. Anyway, I give them the album at our group lunch and sat down to observed their actions. I love the art of observation. Yes it is an art. Looking at peoples body language, expressions, gestures, sounds, its fascinating stuff. Things I discovered: Layouts with one picture got special attention, layouts with many photos did not, I think it's just to much for the brain to take in all at once or something Layouts with simple design, one or two embellishments got rave reviews, those are the ones that everyone wanted to know how and where, I got the embellishments from. Hidden journalling was said to be "so clever", they thought it was neat to "hide" extra photos and stuff last but not least, everyone loved the storytelling. one of my co worker said if she had never met me she would have wanted to meet me due to the stories written in the scrapbook, that made my day! I guess my job is done I think it is so crazy how we spend so much time scrapbooking and the layout that is as simple as a white painted wall is the one that gets the most attention. I believe that somewhere in our subconsious minds we always simplify the layouts with the best photos, the ones that can stand on it's own feet, if you know what I mean. regardless it is a beautiful thing, the first time someone new sees your work, the way they smile and laugh, choke up, maybe cry, cheer, shake their head in agreement or hold their breath in amazement. I will never stop, this rush is addictive!

4 Comments:

Blogger hchybinski said...

Toya - you hit the nail right on the head. Everytime I go to NJ to visit my mom, I bag up all the stuff I've made and show her. . .as if I am coming home from kindergarten with a folder full of artwork. LOL

can't wait to see your LOs over the weekend - enjoy!

Hillary

9:59 PM  
Blogger ClassC Scrapper said...

You are so right!!!!! I took some albums with me to dinner with some friends a few nights ago and I noticed they commented about many of the simple LOs. I'm sure your coworkers loved your albums. You do great work!!!!

12:56 AM  
Blogger Carol Small said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Carol Small said...

Girl....I was beginning to worry about you. I haved missed your postings!!

I'm glad that your co-workers love your albums. I take mine to work every now and then, just to get the reactions from them. You're right, the simpler, the better. The ones with more than 2 photos didn't get the oohs and aahs that the ones with just 1 or 2 photo's did. Also, the hidden journaling, they thought that was a GREAT idea. Little did they know..we all do that, LOL.

I would love to see more of your work...so keep posting!!

I must keep up with my blog also.. but lately I just don't have the time or energy. I will have to make it a DAILY routine very soon.

~:~carol~:~

((had a HUGE type, so I had to delete my first comment...this one will too no doubt, LOL))

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home