Monday, April 03, 2006

My 47 hour weekend

I am so tired, I am doing my laundry sitting here with a bowl of cereal trying to get some type of energy back from my run. My weekend was fabulous but exhausting. Saturday: My Trip to Make it Unforgettable I got up with the intension of driving to Hatfield, where Make it Unforgettable was having there Grand opening. My first thoughts while I drove through the little city was the fact that I have been there before, when Devin and I had just got to PA we thought we were going to live in the military housing which is very close to Hatfield. My directions where messed up thanks to good old Mapquest, I was so pissed that I didn't take the GPS out of Devin's car but when I called the store, I spoke to the owner and he gave me directions to store and I got there with no problems. when I entered the store,the first thing I noticed is how good the floor plan was, it was very spacious, from the front of the door you can clearly see the cropping garden or area. Items are segregated by manufacturer which makes it easy for you to get what you want. I love the fact that they had military stuff,most stores do not feel the need to carry a large selection but they had a variety of stuff. They have an Embellishment bar which I thought was the cutest idea. You can purchase embellishments, like spirals etc for 10 for 1.00 an they were all in martini glasses, so cute. They had a large selection of arcylic stamps and bazzill carstock which I loved. The staff were friendly but they allowed the customer to shop on their own, I really hate when people are breathing over my neck trying to help me when all I want to do is get my thoughts together. They have a room for children to play, I am not accustom to that, I've seen stores with a little area, but they have a room with a glass door. They had an Ek success rep, on Saturday to do make and takes, I didn't make anything because I was just observing. There was artwork from the DT, however, it wasn't overwhelming, just a little here a frame there. It blended in and looked like it belonged. so the experience was very nice, everyone seem to be enjoying themselves and the store is tastefully done, you will want to go back. these are some of the things I got. The military stuff is for a 12 x 12 photo frame I have to decorate for Devin's office This is another pic Sunday: Trip to NY I had to go get my brother Marchel, who is now here with me for about 3 weeks. I got up late, had to wake devin up, get dressed, jump in the car drive 101 miles to Brooklyn, NY. Call my dad, who was at work, get him to bring Marchel to my aunts house, wait for every one to get dressed so we can take the TEENS shopping. Marchel and Reese had a ball, I bought him his Motorola SLVR for his 17 birthday which is in 2 weeks. The city was so busy and my feet was killing me at the end of the day but those kids had fun shopping. It must be nice to be a teenager! We got back to Philly around 12 am dead tired, what a day, I need more hours in my weekend, LOL Okay enough is enough, I will check in tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! I would love to see pics of the store! LOL

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like that store too! i had a chance to check out the military area too. they have a great selection!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Brown English Muffin said...

Glad you enjoyed NY....come again some time!!! Just let me know when you're coming this time!! LOL

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home