Thursday, March 09, 2006

its all about the color GREEN

I'm still gathering pics for my "green" layout. This is the self portrait that I want to put on the layout surrounded by all my green stuff that inspires me. This is also what I have on today at work. So did you read my plaque story below? I'm about to share my bazzill story right now. My Bazzill story is about How I began scrapbooking. Three years ago, when I first was deployed to kuwait I met one of my favorite people, Emily. She was a Corporal at the time and she was living in the same tent as me. Emily is from Wisconsin, I love how she talks but even better she comes from a line of women that love crafts. Her mom and aunt or stampin up consultants. During the deployment Emily was taking unlimited number of shoots with disposable cameraa that were sent by every member of her family. It seemed like everywhere we went all you saw was flashes from her camera coming your way. I was taking alot of photos tob ut not compared to Em. So I asked her why she took so many photos. Apparently, her mom and aunt was doing a deployment album for her and her hubby Tim while they were away. They wanted to do a two D view of military deployments so to speak. the family's point of view and the military member's point of view, so they would scrap Emily's pics using journaling from her letters and her mom would also add pics of what they were doing while emily was away. how cool is that! Anyway, I was so impressed, I thought that was priceless but when she called it scrapbooking I was like, "you mean cutting up construction paper and sticking it with glue", not the most glamourous thing right? When we got back, we kept in touch, she showed me her wedding scrap book and I was so blown away, it was magnificent. I mean it wasn't over embellished but it was simple and perfect. The photography of course was off the hook but the stamping and embossing and everything was so amazingly elegant with so much texture a visual appeal. I wanted to learn everything, I wanted to do my military album so people would feel the same way I felt when I opened Emily's album I started going to micheals, I started searching online, talking to Em, gathering supplies, I was a nazi for scrapping, I lived and breath it for months. Even my lunch break was spent searching online for stores, article, anything. I found Ck mag. and when I bought my first copy I gasped, by that time I had already made my first album with my military pics and thought it was great, but I was pissed when I saw this mag. I didn't know of all the products and techniques out there. These ladies were amazing, I felt so inferior, they artwork was to die for. I went to the directory in the back of the mag and found the nearest lss to my apt. Ever After scrapbooking Oh My Gosh! when I got there, I almost has a stroke I couldn't even talk, like a child's first visit to Disney, I was awe struck. One of the ladies, saw me, because I hadn't moved from the front of the door and I guess I looked lost. She took one look at me and said "Welcome", and that was all she said, I think she knew this it was my first time, a scrapbook store virgin so to speak and it was like, yes, you made it, welcome to the Major League Baby. Right behind her was a wall, of Bazzill cardstock, every color every texture, almost taking up the whole wall, from floor to sealing. COuld you imagine the how beautiful it looked, like a rainbow of joy, let me tell you. I must have spent 4 hours in that place the very first day, I was totally hooked and in love. Bazzill cardstock remains me of the first day I really discovered scrapbooking, the endless possibilites of creativity,just like the endless color combinations of color cardstock. Yes, I would never forget that day, and that is why Bazzill paper makes me happy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

That is a beautiful story Toya!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Great story, and LOVE that sweater!!!!!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

That reminded me of times before I was so 'burnt out!'

Exciting!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home