Friday, April 07, 2006

Be a Muse!

I have been thinking lately, I have been writing and drawing and talking to many inspiring people, one of my favorites told me something that ignited my thoughts and I have been pondering ever since. My mother, she is the epitome of a Muse, a business owner, a mother and daughter, sister and lover and best of all,,, she can throw down in the kitchen. I called her and she told me that when I was a child, she asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I said, I want to be a teacher, so she asked me why and I said, I wanted to be teacher so I can teach people color. She said she laughed and corrected me, she said, Toy,, you mean,, you want to TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO COLOR, not teach people color. She told me that I looked at her like she was crazy and that was that. Mom said she wanted me to know that because I love scrapbooking, writing and most of all I love to color and having it all around me. She wanted me to know that as a child, it was always my passion and to never stop creating and sharing art with others. This made me think, how I love her so much, what a wonderful memory to pass on, I now know for a fact that my creativity has a history and I was inspired. Now my question to you is, do you strive to be a Muse? When you create do you think of what you are putting out there for the world to see. How are you representing yourself? Do you create from the heart or do you just do what others do just to belong? Do you show appreciation to other women in your ethnicity when they put out artwork that is just off the hook? Do you praise them, so that they can be inspired and motivated to do better or do you feel jealousy and remain unheard? Sometimes it takes that thought and that spoken word to ignite the fire so that the creativity can burn Are you a Muse? because I'm looking for one, maybe you can help me from one sista to another. Toy

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ms.Toy...you are getting deep sistah!!! I like to think I inspire and support my sistahs that are creating. I hope one day we get to meet and talk. You are definately inspiring!...no negativity coming from me..:-)

Nice post.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

Toya, you are definitely a muse to me. I agree that it is so important for sistahs to inspire and support each other in their creativity!

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post, Toya! Wow! First time at the blog and I'm blown away! Well, that means you 'mused' me today. And, I thank you! So yes, I hope we can be a Muse to each other and you are so right! In love, in faith, and in color! Have a wonderful evening.

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great entry girl!!!!!!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very deep stuff, sistah.
i love these kind of entries.
truly inspirational...

3:42 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Beautiful post, you are inspiring!

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! state farm florida home owner insurance severe eczema picture Super chips honda nude busty teen fucks sybian till orgasm screenshots Lazer eye surgery lazy eye Panamanian condo investments Skin care products reviews Stationery microsoft free oxycontin 2b mode of action http://www.boots-2.info/Eczema.html daily news los angeles sports tit torture slave bdsm stories eczema Cheap bontril information information Female bodybuilding groups

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home