Friday, April 14, 2006

Notes from My Journal

Good Friday has always been a time of reflection for me. I was raised between a catholic and baptist background. My paternal grandmother is a devoted catholic, I honestly think she could count the beads of her rosary in her sleep. Every Good Friday we will complete the station of the Cross, we will meet the congregation at 7:30 am and for the next 3 or so hours we will climb Calvary hill, kneeling at every cross in order to beg God to forgive us and thank him for allowing his son to die for our sins. As a child, it was just to big of a burden to bear, I used to be so sad, all day long, asking questions like, did I kill Jesus, why do I have to beg for forgiveness for something I didn't do. Needless to say, this went on for many more years,,, questions unanswered. Gladly, those days are gone, now I am an adult, I can choose how I want to pay homage to the death of Jesus Christ, through these words I will share it with you. Love- I am a vessel of love and compassion, I aim to share my heart with more people. I want to enrich their soul and help them to be better. I want to my family to love each other more, I want my husband to keep loving me and I will anoint him with more love, he deserves it Loyalty- I want to trust more, I want to have friends that are true and I want to celebrate them. I want to cry when they cry and laugh when they laugh and I want it to be genuine. Learn- I want to become a proverbial sponge, I want to soak up knowledge and pass it on to others. I want to learn with others at the same time, so we can have a bond in our wisdom. I will honor HIM by these things everyday, that is all I have to offer and hopefully that is all HE will want of me.