Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Scrap Fast

Congradulations to Adrienne for making layout of the day at Scrap Jazz again, that layout was definiately a winner! I am so proud of you and keep it up honey. So this week I am on a Scrap fast, every once in a while I go through a period where I will scrap every day.During this time I comb through 2 peas and every idea book and magazine for creative stimulation so I can scrap layouts that are half way decent. Eventually, I get so wrapped up into it that I start to feel frustrated when I can't think of what to do with a layout or a photo. Even worse, I start comparing my art to other people's and sometimes I feel envious and sometimes I feel inferior and that is not a good thing.These feelings are the reason there is so much negativity in the scrapping community and I refuse to be apart of that mess. Yet, I feel it coming on like how the water pulls back before the emergence of a wave, you feel it coming before it's actually in your face. Then it envelopes me and I feel strained and that's when I know I have to take a rest so I can focus again. Adrienne and I email each other everyday and we talk about this things to a great extent. I will tell you that it is good to talk to someone when you feel like this and not just anyone but someone that know how it is to feel that way. It really humbles you and gives you a broad prospective. Yes, we all feel this way and yes, some of us chose not to admit it. So I will take a break, breathe, watch fresh prince of Bel Air reruns with my brother and rejuvenate myself. Quality is more exhilating than quantity.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tamika said...

I am really feeling you on the need to take a break to let the creative juices flow. Sometimes we all need some "down" time.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks girl!!! And you alread know how I feel about the matter! I am taking a short break from scrapping myself. Last night was my last LO for a little while, but I will be back at it in NO time flat!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Lu said...

you go with your bad self. scrap like crazy.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

You go Toya! I just want you to know that there is NO Doubt that you are talented. Take a break and let those creative juices get flowing again. My problem is that I lack confidence to share my LOs. So you're one step ahead of me because you share yours with us and I'm thankful that I get to see your LOs. You're a great inspiration to me.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with taking a break...we all need to have a down time. Love your work, look forward to seeing more of it in the future.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! For sale classic mercedes benz Zoloft order online Mass email search download Superior washers calgary antique nickel slot machines interlocking floor mats uk allegra 6 used satellite phone plans from mexico Pfeiffersches druesenfieber tamiflu Cancer attorney law mesothelioma lawsuit11 &aposcraps day coach &apos buy online timeshare Product monograph tadalafil Us short term health insurance

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home