Monday, April 24, 2006

Disregarded Beauty

This weekend was hard for me and I found myself in a deep and negative place. I had a lot of bad thoughts encircling my mind and I wasn't able to fulfill my creativity. I had to let go of my burdens before I could allow myself to flow again. During my despair, I stood up against the wall by my walk in closet, looked at all my clothes and shoes, and it did nothing for me,just made me feel worse. I thought, "my closet is in a mess, I have to reorganise it, just one more thing to do on my hectic list", Ugh. I turned my head and slowly looked through the blinds of the window and there it was. We had first met when I moved in my apt in the fall, the last of it's leaves blowing in my face and hair as I was stuggling to carry my groceries in the house. I thought what an ugly sight, A tree without leaves, brown and dried up. I was so mad the leaves had blown in my eyes and I couldn't see where I was going, plus I was cold and tired. I just wanted to go inside. Winter came and when and I looked through the window, the skinny,meager tree still reminded me of that day. But looking at it now, what a beauty. I felt the warmth in my heart again. This is how it happens sometimes, we get so consumed with all the bad stuff that don't go right in our lives, we start to hate any and everything that don't work for us. Everything becomes the enemy and the hurt builds. But every once in the while, the things that we can't stand the most is the one thing that will make us happy; if we are willing to see it for what it really is. Just something to think about!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post...love the photo!! Always something to think about...

7:01 PM  
Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

Your post is so true Toya! I love the photo of you looking out the window and of the beautiful tree! I hope you feel better about things soon. Take care!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post girl! Great pics too!

10:22 PM  
Blogger ClassC Scrapper said...

You are so right, Toya!!!! I can always count on your posts for some inspiring words!!!!

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

deep. cool prespective!

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Toya!
I love your blog today. Just so speaks my heart of late. I too have struggled with some of the awful hateful things in life, only to turn and see their beauty. Was it there all along? Did I just fight against it so much I couldn't see? Thanks Toya!
Blessings,
Kathy

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home