Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sistahood of the travelling Journal Pt.1

Do you believe in faith? I believe that everything happens for a reason and everything has a time and place that it needs to happen. When I got the email from Lu, asking me if I will take part in a Sistah CJ, I was shocked, I actually remembered reading the email, letting it sink into my mind, then edging up towards my desk, squinting my eyes to read each and every word carefully. I had never participated in a Circle Journal before, I thought it would be too much stress and unwanted pressure on my creativity because everyone taste and style is different, what if the other scrappers did not like my work, I just could not deal with it. However, when I got Lu's email,I did not feel these things. I replied without thinking about it, "Yes, I will love to be a part of this". My inhibited response was not due to my own will, after I sent the email; I sat down to replay what had happened and it was totally BEYOND me. So this is the cover of my CJ, it is not finished; I still have many plans for it once its journey is complete. It will go to Tiffany, Michelle, Adrienne and Lu, they will all bless it with their individual talents, lacing it with Words that define them as a Black woman. Then, it will come back to me and I will put it in a place on honor in my home because I am deeply honored to be involved in this revolution.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful cover...and I know your journal will be simply awesome! thanks for sharing the cover.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH!!! I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!!!!!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Lu said...

I LOVE THIS COVER! I was so not expecting to see this and when it came up, I was loving it. Just loving it. The best thing about coming up with your own theme is that you dictate the flavor and style of the journal. Plus, it is just a bunch of fun. I am so glad you are participating.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

Lovely cover Toya!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your cover came out great! I know what you mean about not hesitating to participate in this CJ group. I responded ASAP, without even thinking twice!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this cover is so beautiful!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Trina said...

this is such a cool project! hope you guys will post pictures along the way...

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful project! Have fun...being in a CJ is such a cool, challenging thing! Your album looks beautiful!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

loving your cover...Have fun with your cj experience!!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home