Monday, April 17, 2006

gifts for two

I hope everyone had an awesome easter, I spent mine cleaning and sleeping, so it was pretty much like any other Sunday. Devin asked me about two months ago to make a couple of frames for his office, he has a wall of achievements and wanted to add a personal touch from his wifey on it. He made is quite clear that he wanted a couple of layouts that represented his Marine Corp career achievements and to make sure that it looked neat and distinguish, in other words, no ribbon, flowers, fiber, buttons, or any other embellishment that didn't look appropriate. So I had a challenge at hand, I decided, with his approval that I would use the colors of his dress blue uniform, the blue with the red blood stripe which imitates the look of his dress blue trousers. I got the eagle globe and anchor insignia and the 2 stars to symbolize that this photo is his second re-enlistment in the Corps and the number of times he was deployed to Iraq. The background paper has a depiction of Operation Iraqi Freedom, the war he served in. The words say, core values, the Marine Corps Core values is made out of Ten words, his favorite is Integrity, the ability to be truthful and do the right thing even when no one is looking. This photo is of him and one of his previous retired commanding officers Major Copeland. He really loved it, I guess it really touched him, he just sat there and stared at it for a long time. On the other hand, I got home to my TRL kit, i was pleasantly surprised, I don't know what is in the cards for these but we will see.. such beautiful papers Last but not least, I got my Studio Classic and puntuation set today also, I have wanted Studio for a while so I just broke down and buy it and I'm very happy to have it. Okay more tomorrow, let me know what you think about Devin's layout for his wall

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the LO is beautiful and surely it is something to be proud of. I also got my TRL kit today as well...the papers are beautiful!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THE LO!!! Its beautiful! You didn't tell me you got sunshine too! LOL...what else is in that stack!?!?!? LOL...GREAT mail day huh? LOL

11:42 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your layout is just beautiful!
Have fun with your TRL kit!

7:03 AM  
Blogger hchybinski said...

Toya - love Devin's LO - that is terrific. . .he should be touched. . .and so proud to hang that up - a picture of his accomplishments and his wife's love and pride. Great work - as usual - tfs

Hillary

7:04 AM  
Blogger Lu said...

the frame is wonderful and I love that paper. so pretty.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

The LO is wonderful! Have fun with your TRL kit.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that LO, it gives me some inspiration. my mom has some of my grandfather's Marine Corp items, news paper clippings and other things.

on another note. i need studio in my scrap life so cool you got it!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home